Smart homes are the basis of Smart Cities, where our city interacts with us, and gives us the comfort of control and safety, it would logically start from the one place where us and our family spend most of our time.
Below are some samples of how smart homes could help us live better:
- Smart homes will have more efficient cooling/heating mechanisms and insolation/isolation, to help us optimize our energy usage, save our kids’ future, and saves our spending on energy.
- Smart homes will utilize the renewable energy better, by having the devices that would directly work with this energy, yet efficient enough to maximize the utilization.
- Smart locking & unlocking of our doors, having our access control responds to our proximity, and when needed, our remote decision to open the door whilst we are inside or outside home. Yet, logging all of the transactions happening near our doors by video, photo and access records.
- Smart control for lights and mood lighting. Which will be based on our direct, scheduled or system’s learning process, depending on your decision and how you would want it to operate. Which can save you money and secure your home by automatically reacting to your daily routines and preferences. You can set your lights to slowly brighten when you want to wake up, turn on for shorter periods when you’re away to make it look like someone is home, turn off automatically when you leave the house, and so much more.
- Control your music system across the house, along with your entertainment system, and have the in-room speakers be controlled globally and locally in each room, while being able to utilize your music system for phone conferencing, talking with your home, or even talking with the household people who are in the other rooms.
- Call Mama function, to monitor and hear your kids, yet talk with them, using the home entertainment system.